Last updated on March 2nd, 2016
In this pacey digital world, static content seems to have become a thing of the past. Surprised? You always thought a professional website design, comprehensive blogs and interesting social media posts can help you boost your business on the web? Well, the time has changed. All thanks to the ever-increasing number of small businesses now leverage interactive content for increasing their site traffic, social media engagement, lead generation, conversion and customer acquisition.
Today, netizens need and essentially demand from you the ability to interact with your content and data. The bar of expectations has already been set by the average consumer whether they know it or not. Still not convinced? Let’s examine a few statistics that demonstrate the impact of interactive content on traffic, conversion and engagement.
Importance of Content Marketing for businesses
1. Demand Metrics reveals that Content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing and generates about 3 times as many leads.
2. A report by AOL says that around 27,000,000 pieces of content are shared each day.
3. MarketingProfs explains that B2B marketers use an average of 13 content marketing tactics.
4. CMI reveals that 73% of B2B marketers are producing more content than they did a year ago.
5. Aberdeen Group reveals that 75% to 80% of companies have an active content marketing initiative.
6. 50.77% people believe content marketing Content Marketing Improves ROI.
7. Forrester’s research shows that 52% of marketers make 25% or more of their marketing staff participate in content marketing to optimize their content marketing.
Impact of Content Marketing on Consumers
8. Content+ says that interesting content is a top 3 reason people follow brands on social media.
9. CMI reveals that 73% of B2B marketers are producing more content than they did a year ago.
10. Content + says that 60% of customers feel more positive about a brand after reading custom content on its site.
11. HubSpot reveals that 50% of consumer spend their time engaging with custom content.
12. Hubspot also says that 73% of consumers get frustrated by irrelevant web content.
13. McMurray/TMG reveals that 90% of consumers find custom content useful and 78% believe the organizations behind the content are interested in building good relationships.
Content Marketing Challenges for Businesses
14. 58% marketers say that their content does not create opportunity for engagement.
15. CMI cites that 9% of content marketers feel a lack of time is their greatest challenge.
16. B2Bmarketing says that 50% marketers believe that tracking ROI is the their biggest challenge.
17. Socialmediab2b.com reveals that 54% B2B Marketers believe production of engaging content is their biggest challenge.
18. 50% B2B Marketers see producing content consistently as their biggest challenge, according to Socialmediab2b.com.
19. 49% of B2B Marketers see measuring content effectiveness as their biggest content marketing challenge, according to Socialmediab2b.com.
20. Only 36% of marketers believe that passive content is effective at engaging visitors/buyers.
Importance of Interactive Content
21. 90% information transmitted to brain is visual and visuals are processed 60000 X faster in the brain than text.
22. 80% of online visitors watch a video only 20% read the content.
23. 70% of marketers say interactive content is effective at engaging visitors/buyers.
24. 88% marketers say interactive content is effective at differentiating their brand.
25. 93% marketers rate interactive content as effective at educating the buyer.
26. Jeff Bullas reveals that articles with images receive 94% more views.
27. NeoMam Studios reveals that brands that use creative infographic designs grow in traffic an average of 12% more than those that don’t.
28. In 2013, 51% B2B marketers were using infographics as compared to 38% in 2013.
29. Video constitutes 50% of all mobile traffic and 90% of Internet traffic.
30. 86% businesses say that they are looking for ways to repurpose content within the next 12 months.
We’re sure these stats will help you craft a successful content marketing strategy in the year 2015.
Would you like to learn more about interactive content and how it can be leveraged to attract high-quality leads and convert them into customers?
Download a FREE copy of our latest White Paper – The Ultimate Guide to Interactive Content for Small Businesses.