Last updated on November 9th, 2017
For any business, there’s just only one chance for a first impression. Whether you are a young startup or a large enterprise, the image you put forth at the very first glance is perhaps the most vital. And there’s no often, there’s no opportunity for a “do-over.” Remember, to get your business off the ground right from the get-go, you’ll need to advertise. And to effectively advertise, you’ll need graphic designs that pack in enough punch to take elements of your brand and showcase them to your target consumers in a way that’s even splendid.
But most people will agree that finding the kind of design that can take your business to the next level is easier said than done.
Is Graphic Design That Important for Your Startup?
Many new-age business barons and media moguls believe that a startup without a good design goes nowhere! In fact, several surveys have revealed that start-ups undervaluing the importance of graphic designs often end up missing vital opportunities and fail to survive the competition. It wouldn’t be an exaggeration to say that good graphics designs go an extra mile in ensuring success for a business, especially startups. Check out this video by Ellen Lundgren to understand why graphic design is so important to your business.
Do you Need Graphic Designs or Great Graphic Designs?
But the question here is if good is good enough when it comes to advertising your dream ventures. Remember, if you’re a start-up, just good designs wouldn’t do any good to your business and you’ll have to find out the best designs possible. Even if you aren’t a designer, it pays to keep an attentive eye to understand genuine and artistic designs from bland Photoshop mock-ups. Do well to understand what logo elements will make your brand come alive.
How to Find Great Graphic Designs in a Nickel-and-Dime?
There’s no thumb rule when it comes to finding out great graphic designs in your budget, and all you got to do is to be smart! If you can don that hat of a designer, then great. But what if you can’t? You’ll need a designer or a design agency! But what do you do when you don’t really have the shekels to pay the bulging fees of professional designers or design agencies? Luckily, there are some affordable alternatives in the form of design contests at popular crowdsourcing contest based sites such as Designhill, Hatchwise and 48Hour logo.
These crowdsourcing sites put you in touch with a huge network of graphic artists from all over the world, ready and willing to work for you under the tightest deadlines. In fact, it remains the most convenient and affordable way to generate a wide variety of design concepts to pick from, and pick the ones you like in the end.
Designhill is perhaps the largest and most reliable amongst these custom design crowdsourcing platforms. In just 6 months of it going live, Designhill has helped over 500+ startups and small businesses source creative, durable and professional designs and has paid out more than $38000 to its ever-growing community of 23,000+ graphic designers, logo designers, visual artists and illustrators from all over the world.
When it comes to sourcing graphic designs really tickle the fancy of modern-day discerning consumers, Designhill proves to be the best bet for startups! It’s a wonderfully low risk set-up that promises high gains. In case, you’re still thing why Designhill, here’s a list of 5 prominent reasons.
- Quick results: If you’re a young start-up, you will definitely agree that the sooner you get the designs, the sooner you can start promoting your business. Designhill puts you in touch with graphic artists, logo designers, illustrators and a whole network of visual artists from all over the world, ready and willing to work for you under the tightest deadlines. With so many hands, you reach the finish line sooner rather than later.
- Options aplenty. Diversity drives the machine at Designhill. Launching a design contest at this site means getting as many as a hundred responses—or more in response. With concepts pouring in from left, right and center, you’re not limited in the range of styles to choose from.
- Low cost: When working with Designhill, you can find freelance designers who’ll come up with graphic designs for your startup at figures significantly lower than what most professionals charge. So if you’ve got a small budget, then Designhill fits the bill to a tee.
- Feedback feature: You may need to run from pillar to post to get any adjustments or changes in your graphic designs when working with design agencies. This is in direct contrast to how quick adjustments and revisions can be made when you launch a design contest at Designhill. It’s just you and the designer so decisions, revisions and the delivery of the final product all happen much quicker.
- Money back guarantee: In case you don’t find any designs that suit your taste, preference or choice, you can always get your money back, when working. So, Designhill design contests prove to be a risk-free way of getting a customized graphic design for your startup venture.
How Does The Designhill Design Contest Work?
To get started with Designhill, you need to first carefully mull over and decide what kind of design you are looking for. Fortunately, Designhill features a wide-ranging category of design categories to pick from, each with different price points. Launching a design contest at Designhill is simple, convenient and effective way of getting the graphic designs that will boost your startup brand from the get-go. Don’t believe! Check out this amazing video to see easy it is to run a contest at Designhill.
Here’s a list of 4 easy steps to run a design contest at Designhill.
- Launch a contest – You can start by clicking on “Launch a Contest” from the main page. Fill in an easy design brief by selecting the type of design you need. Add little details for the designers to follow. Then, pay the contest posting fee and your contest will be made live.
- Let designs pour in – Designhill’s thriving community of 23000+ graphic artists, visual artists, illustrators, and freelance designers will then get notification about your contest and they would start designing for you straight away. Designers will submit actual designs directly to your contest and you’ll receive notifications via email.
- Take your pick – Review the submitted designs, give feedback and interact with designers till you find the design you truly want. Once you find the design you were looking for, simply pick a “winner” and work on final adjustments, ask for revisions, and ultimately get the best design for your budget.
- Handover Process – Once you’ve picked a winner, move on to the Handover process. Design Handover process helps you get the final tweaking in the winning design. In addition, it also makes it easy for you to get proper rights for designs and download the files.
Getting a design you’ll love for your start-up is as simple as 1, 2 and 3!
Before The Contest
1. Pricing: Quite unlike its competitors, Designhill maintains fair price packages to ensure that clients pay the cheapest possible prices and at the same time, designers get to reasonable dues for their hard work. There are four set pricing packages for each category of design.
- Logo Design – Starting from $ 199
- Business Cards – Starting from $199
- Advertisement Designs– Starting from $149
- Social Media Page Design– Starting from $149
2.Design Brief: Experts believe that getting a clear, concise design brief when launching a graphic design contest goes a long way in securing the best designs possible. Writing a brief might seem like a daunting task, but remember, articulation isn’t the issue here. Only clarity is. So, it makes sense to be as clear as you can to give designers a clearer idea of your requirements.
3. Timeframe: Now, it’s time to choose a time-frame for your contest. Standard contests last for as long as 7 days. But, you may even choose to have shorter turnaround time.
During the Contest
- Invite designers: It makes sense to proactively invite designers to participate in your contest on the basis of their previous work. Browse through the designer portfolio or the design gallery to “curate” talented designers and invite them to participate in your contest. Designhill gives you the option to filter the design gallery on category, subcategory and industry if you invite a particular designer to work with you.
- Provide Feedback: Providing feedback is perhaps the most significant part of a design contest at Designhill. Remember, quick feedback feature allows you to quickly get adjustments and revisions in the designs you like. In addition to feedback, you can also leave star ratings and private comments on design entries.
- Complete Handover: The Handover process makes it easy for you procure all necessary copyrights for the design that you like. In this process, you can get updates / revisions to winning design, get copyright for the designs and download the files. When you approve payment, Designhill transfers the prize money to the winning designer.
If you’re at the helm of a startup in need of everything from a logo to a website to business cards, Designhill gives you the expediency of a design agency at the price that’s even lower than what most freelancers usually charge. Plus, you get to save on the operating costs and overhead expenses. The site is easy to use and makes it possible for you to reach beyond boundaries and source creative designs that will help you establish your brand identity, garner media mileage and build a loyal customer base.
Try it today, and see if it works for you.