More than being a card to give out your contact numbers and website addresses to the recipients, modern business cards have become an incredible tool for conveying a strong business message to potential clients and customers. Business owners don’t want to miss out on the opportunity of making a first memorable impression on the mind of the recipients. For that, they rely heavily on business card that contains perfect elements of colors, space, fonts, etc. with the purpose of getting a specific message and business attributes of company to the target customers.
As most businesses are often seen out in a lookout for impressive business card designs, many new and innovative trends emerge up each year. In 2016, we’ll experience many more impressive design trends in the world of business cards. Many of these trends have evolved over the past years’ concept, while a fair share of others are new entrants.
If you are unaware of what trends will take the world by storm in 2016, then check out 5 business card design trends that are most likely to be in fashion in 2016. Consider these trends when you create business cards as a graphic designer or need them for your businesses.
Impressive 5 Business Card Design Trends for 2016
1. Classical White – In 2016, business cards will depend heavily on classic white as a major and dominating color. They may choose white mainly to stand out from other card design that have overused colorful backgrounds. Chances are that bold lettering will go against total white background. Cards will also become thicker and heavier so that they can be quickly identified amongst the crowd.
2. Use of Card’s Flip Side – Business cards had a blank surface on the flip side with no information whatsoever. This trend is going to take a U-turn in 2016, with designers filling the backspace with brand’s color and even its logo. A backspace with multiple features printed will go well with a white space on the front side of the card.
3. Multiple Shapes – So far, rectangular shape dominated the scene. This shape is ideal to provide more information about a company. However, the designers now look for shapes that stand out. They will experiment with all shapes including rounded edges, squares and diamonds. Moreover, a new shape also is a way to give upscale look to the card and also to the business.
4. Adding Visual Punch – In previous years, the designers used colors to add a visual punch to business cards. They will now experiment with other elements such as engraving and texture to make the cards look different and catchy. Therefore, you can expect more cards with textured image and stamped lettering. They designers may also go for embossing the card to create a raised image. They may also provide color and texture by using foil stamping.
5. Focus on Quality – Marketers so much talk about targeting only specific set of customers that matter to the business; business cards designers will lay emphasis more on quality of printing than producing thousands of cheap looking cards. This means that even if a business produces only 50-100 cards, which last for many months for small businesses, high quality of the business cards designs will immensely help in converting more recipients into customers. Therefore, instead of cheaper printing techniques, the designers will use sophisticated printing and greater thickness of cards as a tool to impress the clients of a business.
Your business card design must take into account these new design trends to impress clients with your business message and unique selling proposition.