Once a contest holder awards a winning design, the contest will move into the design handover phase. Here, the designer and the contest holder are given access to a shared handover page where the customer can download files and request final updates / revisions to designs. In addition, it provides the designer with a platform to submit any outstanding source files to be reviewed. Once a customer is happy with the files they have received, they can release the payment to the designer.
Here are the following steps to the Design Handover Stage:
1. To commence the design handover, both the contest holder and the designer must sign the Design Transfer Agreement. (The signed copy is also available for download in the Overview tab)
2. Once the design transfer agreement is signed, you can message the designer in the 'Activity tab' and ask for any final changes or revisions.
3. Then you must wait for your winning designer to upload the finished design files.
4. You’ll have 14 days to review the files and to request any final changes or revisions that you may need. Requesting changes/revisions can be done easily using the Activity tab on the Design Handover page.
5. Once you have received all the final requested files you must release the payment to the designer.
Note: If the process is taking a little longer than expected, please contact Customer Support to request more time before the prize money is released.
6. After you’ve released the prize, you’ll have the opportunity to leave a testimonial for the winning designer and Designhill. The testimonials will be featured in the designer’s portfolio on our site and the testimonial section on the website.
7. At the end of your contest you will also be presented with the option to engage your winning designer in a 1-to-1 project. To start a 1-to-1 project with your winning designer, click the ‘START A NEW PROJECT WITH...’ button on your finished handover page.
Note: You can access your finished design files and your signed copy of the Design Transfer Agreement from the Design Handover page at any time by clicking the Handover tab on your contest page and then clicking ‘View handover’.
Was this article helpful?
2 out of 2 found this helpful