Last updated on January 22nd, 2022
Your small company’s efforts to establish itself in the ever so competitive market will go down the drain if its presence on the social media turf is unimpressive.
After all, a vast majority of your potential customers is on social sites and you would definitely like to take your business to them. But, unfortunately, small businesses tend to make many common mistakes which could be avoided.
You can learn from others’ mistakes and try avoiding such mistakes. This article points out 7 such common blunders and offers easy solutions to avoid committing such blunders.
1. Insufficient Details – Many small businesses’ profiles feature very little and insufficient information, revealing nothing much about company’s goal and vision. A good profile page must feature all necessary and relevant information about the small business brand.
It must also feature a nice cover photo and a link to the business’ official website. Remember, organization is important in your page design. Your professional social media page design should be laid out in such a way that vital information about your brand in the page pop up.
Do well to ensure that your the logo is visible. Also, contact details should be easy to find and these elements should be in a clutter-free space.
2. No Personality – Make sure to give your brand a personality so that people can relate to it and visit your business site. Humanize your social media page with stories of your beliefs, convictions, tastes and values.
Your experience regarding your brand will attract people more than anything else. Your social media page must generate confidence about your small business.
For this, make sure that your social media pages feature same elements of colors, fonts, etc. matching with your logo, website and visual elements.
3. Irregular Posting – Remember, you’re just one click away from oblivion. So if you don’t post fresh content regularly, your visitors will migrate to one of your competitor’s page.
In addition, irregular posting creates a bad impression about your business and its values. So, do well to post new content regularly, preferably everyday for traffic and engagement.
4. Wrong Content – Text is not the only content. In fact, a survey conducted by Bitrebels.com reveal that photos generate 39% more interaction and 104% more comments and 53% more likes and 93% more engagement.
One thing that affects the visual appeal of your page design are photos. Post relevant images with a clear connection to your small business. Also include photos that showcase your services or products.
In addition, images that convey your brand’s personality and appeal to the emotions of your audience must also be a part of the list.
5. Not Encouraging Audience – After all, why should your visitors come back to your social media page if they are getting no value out of it?
Wishpond.com suggests you to give people in your target market incentives to connect with you socially online. Make them feel special and they will revisit your page. Incentivize them and they will will have absolutely no choice but to bow in awe of your small business’ greatness and might.
6. Ignoring What Fans Say – This is another common mistake. Many small businesses do not pay much heed to what their fans and followers say.
This attitude harms your business’ repute and keeps your fans and potential customers away. Instead, respond to their feedback, both positive and negative, quickly so that your followers and fans feel special. This also helps build a nice brand image for your small business.
7. Being Present on All Social Media Platforms – Some small businesses try to be present on all social networking sites in the hope of making utmost impact.
For such vast presence, you need a lot of time and more funds, which your small business may not afford. Instead, start with one or two social sites and consolidate your presence before moving to the next social network.
Equipped with these seven pointers, you’re sure to lure more and more customers and prospects to your small business’ social media pages.
Do you know of any other critical social media mistakes that small businesses must avoid? Please share with us in the comments box below.
Looking for Customized, On time, Social Media Page Design? Launch a Social Media Page Design Contest today. Choose from 100+ designs. Take your pick!
We offer a full 100% money back guarantee! Finally, a risk-free way of getting a customized design.
Like our blog? Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin.