Last updated on February 9th, 2022
Designhill, one of the World’s leading graphic design platforms has been using Facebook as a brand and community building network and also to greatly expanding its reach and user /fan engagement.
The company though being extremely active on Facebook were facing issues with low user engagement rates and hence, set out a new strategy to solve the problem.
This present case study outlines how Designhill increased its facebook page interactions by more than 150% within a month of implementing a new Facebook marketing strategy. For that, an effective Facebook Cover Design is a must.
Designhill wanted its Facebook Page to engage and start conversations among its following of freelance graphic designers and small businesses who are looking for graphic design solutions. So, the company first identified the problems with the current strategy.
- Low likes/shares on posts due to more content focused posts.
- Low engagement in terms of comments and conversations between fans/followers due to lack of attractive taglines within posts.
- Low reach for posts due to lack of interactive media such as gifs.
- No weekly schedule/plan for content sharing
Strategy & Approach:
To address the above issues, the company took the following steps:
- Created a weekly plan for content sharing on Facebook page and groups.
- Diversification of type of posts being posted on the page ranging from Quizzes to Interactive Gifs.
- Creating engaging posts that asked user inputs to increase engagements.
Replying to every comment posted by fans.
- Added a “Review” button that shows ratings so as to increase popularity.
Implementation of the Strategy:
- Following the weekly schedule: We made a concerted effort to post regularly, and to ensure that posts were engaging, interactive, shareable and very very visual. Freelance graphic designers respond well to visual images, graphics, tutorials, quizzes, gifs about graphic designs on Facebook. This part was a no-brainer. Our engagement increased as a result of this.
- Reducing the response time: We reduced our response time to user/fan queries from 6 hrs to 2 hrs.
- Cross sharing among various groups: We reposted our page posts on various Facebook groups with similar followings and interests.
- Visual & Interactive Content: We created some custom, original shareable content with the help of tools in the form of visual like quizzes, infographics, animations, gifs and quotes that would allow our designer fans to spread the word – and it worked. More than we expected!
- Biggest Takeout: It was the content that created the most viral engagement on Facebook. This was primarily the reason for the increase in engagement by more than 150% in comparison to the preceding month.
- Final Results: The company followed the aforesaid strategy for a month and the results were quite astonishing.
The above graph highlights an increase of over 150% over the period.
The above stats show the overall impact of our new facebook marketing strategy.