Last updated on April 16th, 2020
The coronavirus pandemic is making headlines everywhere. It hardly has spared any corner of the globe that hasn’t faced its wrath. Given the complications it brings with human contact, companies all over the world have nodded for remote working. Employees have been told to self-quarantine using remote-working facility until the curve becomes flat.
But these precautionary shifts in work are said to disrupt the whole process for professionals involved in work from home policy. Laundry, kids, pets, new Netflix series, and some sorts of snacking, there are dozens of distractors that are common to inhabit the minds of employees working from home. On top of that, maintaining a continuous streak of productivity tension is also supposed to linger in their minds.
Some Helpful Tips To Achieve Higher Productivity While Working From Home During COVID-19 Outbreak
- Start your day early.
- Start fresh and avoid laziness.
- Pick a definitive start & finish time each day.
- Wear comfortable clothes to feel better throughout the day.
- Get a good Wi-Fi connection to work efficiently.
- Plan and organize your day like you are working in your office.
- Choose a dedicated and comfortable workspace.
- Plan your next day, one day in advance.
- Assign time slots to your tasks.
- Use project management tools such as Trello, Asana, Qilo to manage work and track results.
- Use online communication platforms like Microsoft Teams, Slack, and Google Hangouts, etc. to stay connected.
- Stretch at regular intervals and walk around during the calls.
- Reward yourself with micro-breaks once a particular task is done.
- Don’t eat at your work desk. Take a few steps to satisfy your thirst and hunger.
- Match your music to the task at hand.
- Communicate to set expectations with anyone who will be home with you.
- Take breaks at regular intervals to keep yourself energized.
- Spend your break time with family.
- You are saving a lot of commute time! Utilize these hours to take an online course to upskill yourself.
- Try to write things down on paper. Working from home can take a toll on your eyes due to prolonged exposure to the computer/laptop screen.
- Spare some time to meditate and work out at home by doing exercises that involve your body weight.
Check Out This Infographic On Working From Home Peacefully During COVID-19 Pandemic And Staying Safe
Get The Infographic As A PDF:
What Should Freelancers Do To Survive The COVID-19 Lockdown?
Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, businesses are cutting down and going into survival mode. It has pulled an evolving resource for freelancers as well. What to do? How to survive such a crisis? Here’s the best advice from our experts on how to survive the COVID-19 lockdown as a freelancer.
Get Survival Tips For Freelancers
Working from home during the coronavirus outbreak is a great relief; there is no doubt about it. But the way to WFH isn’t that rosy. It’s full of challenges. You can tackle these challenges and make things work in your favor while maintaining a high productivity ratio. Just follow the tips discussed earlier.