Last updated on May 31st, 2018
Are you scared of spending a lot of money to create your business logo? Your fear is justified as professional graphic designers often charge exorbitant fee that your small business may not afford at its initial stage.
But, the fact is that you do not have to necessarily depend on professional designers to source exceptional graphic designs for your business. You can easily and quickly create a logo that is good enough to represent your business and organization.
In this article, you will come to know about some easy ways to have a logo that can convey your business message to the targeted customers and market.
What Tool Do You Need?
To create a business logo, you need some basic tools. Here’s a list.
- Drawing program – There are many painting programs freely available online. You can visit sites such as freecountry.com to access these programs. If you have access to commercial tools such as Photoshop, it is even better. With these tools, you will be able to draw a professional logo for your business.
- Typeface – Fonts or typefaces are integral to creating a logo and you will most probably need them. So, have access to a wide range of fonts. You can get many different, free fonts from the web easily.
Which Type of Logo You Want?
Now you must decide on the type of the logo you want. Basically, you will need either a text based logo, where the company name becomes the logo, or you need a symbol or picture as a logo to represent your business.
So, you can choose for the logo design that has photo with words superimposed. Or, you can settle for the logo that has picture in its center or one side and the company’s name. You can also opt for logos that have pictures in the background. If you feel that none of these suit your company, simply put your company name as the logo.
Take These Steps
First create the picture – you can use a photo or draw a picture on your own.
To get the picture, just use your digital camera and take photos of things that relate to your business. You can take photos from anywhere in your locality.
Or, you can draw your own pictures.
When you choose to draw your picture, make sure that you save it in your own file. The drawing can be sandwiched between the texts or can be placed as one side of the logo. Make the picture look as symbolic expression of your thoughts. You can use painting tools to draw your pictures in a better way and fill them with colors as well.
- For new business logo design, create a new canvas.
- Then, load the image on the canvas by using the Edit and Copy from your menu.
- Now, you need to create a new layer for the empty canvas.
- Bring the picture from your clipboard on this empty canvas layer. You can use the Move Tool on the Photoshop to shift the picture to a suitable place of your choice on the canvas.
- Then, create a new layer for the words in your company name. You should be creating different layers for each word. This helps in moving the word around frequently with ease. Note also that you can change the size, color and fonts to your satisfaction.
- You should move the elements of colors, size, fonts etc on the canvas until you are fully satisfied.
- After you are satisfied with the work, save it under your name.
- To post the logo on your website, you need to save the file in one of the three formats – SVG, GIF, PNG or JPEG. If your logo has a photo, then PNG and JPEG formats are better suited for saving the file. But if the picture has only few colors, you can opt for GIF or PNG so that the file size is smaller.
That’s it, that’s all! You have successfully created a business logo for your business.
But remember, trying your hand at designing your own logo is great. However, if you’re pressed for time or you simply have no aptitude for the work or knowing which logo style works, better call in the services of a professional to handle this for you.
Not looking forward to the hefty fees? Try the most reliable custom design crowdsourcing marketplace, Designhill. With a huge network of freelance designers, logo designs by Designhill artists will run you to only a hundred dollars or even less.