Last updated on January 10th, 2020
Social media offers plenty of free opportunities in the form of rock-solid platforms and advertising options so that you can put your content for public consumption. However, the world of social media evolving rapidly with new platforms launched every year and new features rolled out every quarter. Since an ever-increasing number of new features appear on social channels platform ever now and then, marketers are scrambling to keep their businesses at the top on social media.
Promoting your business on social media landscape is no mean feat! You’ll need to ensure everything from interesting content to visually-appealing graphics and a powerful and creative social media page design to capture the interest and attention of your audiences. But since everyone is doing it, how will you stand out from the crowd? The answer is simple! You’ll need to carefully heed and embrace the upcoming trends in the world of social media to stay ahead in the game.
Here, we present to you some major social media marketing trends that are most likely to rock the world in the year to come. Have a look!
1. Live Updates – The dynamics of social media is fast changing. Recently, many social media sites allowed their patrons and fans to post their comments live. Termed as ‘’in-the-moment’’ updates, this feature is sure to gain prominence this year. You’ll experience live video broadcasts from users. Social Media Examiner reveals that Periscope and Meerakat are already providing this feature and are seen as major trendsetters. Instagram and Snapchat also allow viewers to post their in-the-moments updates. We’re sure this trend will persist and the days of scheduling social media videos and posts in advance will be left far behind.
2. New Buy Features – Hootsuite reveals that Pinterest and Facebook recently introduced new ‘’buy’’ feature for their users and advertisers. These buttons allow users to purchase a product that they see in a sponsored post right from the ‘buy button’ without having to leave the page. We’re likely to see these ‘buy buttons’ all over social sites by the end of 2020.
3. New Functionalities Added to Apps – In 2015, Facebook introduced ‘Instant Articles’, which revolutionized the way of publishing. In addition, videos that automatically start playing as you come scrolling down to them also became a fad. Now social media giants are working on digital assistants, a human hybrid assistant. We’re sure that in 2020 many other social platforms including Twitter and Instagram will launch such in-app functionalities in order to make it easy for their visitors to browse, buy and play on the go.
4. More Publication Options – After Facebook successfully launched ‘Instant Articles’, a number of social media sites started working on their own publication options. We’re likely to see this trend make waves in the world of social media in the year 2020. These social media publications will make for the best way to publish full-length articles without any need for linking to any external source. Twitter will soon come out with its ‘Project Lightning’ to allow its users to publish content in a dynamic way. If you want to post your content easily on social media, then take the help of social media marketing tools. These tools not only help in publishing the content at the right time but also measure the effectiveness of the campaigns.
5. Users Concerns on Privacy – with growing technological advancements, more and more users are growing impatient and worried about privacy and security of data on social channels. In the coming days, this concern will become even greater for users and the social media platforms alike. This is where channels like Snapchat come into play. Snapchat’s recent surge in popularity is due to the channel’s secure ways of communication and giving users more protective environment. And that’s why we’re likely to see more social media sites working to equip their sites with sophisticated security and privacy features to keep on attracting users. So, there you have it! Out social media trend predictions for 2020! We’re sure if you heed these trends and embrace them in the year ahead, you’ll be able to lead the pack.
Looking for Customized, On time, Social Media Page Designs? Launch a Social Media Page Design Contest today. Choose from 100+ designs. Take your pick! We offer a full 100% money back guarantee! Finally, a risk-free way of getting a customized design. Like our blog? Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.