Last updated on March 10th, 2023
Celebrated annually on 17th March, St. Patrick’s Day is a holiday in honor of St. Patrick — the patron saint of Ireland. The day is also a celebration of Ireland’s rich cultural heritage and history. People love to dress up in green clothing and enjoy festive treats and beverages, such as green beer or Irish whiskey. One way to commemorate the occasion is by wearing custom clothes with printed on them inspirational quotes from famous personalities that reflect the country’s rich culture and mindset.
St. Patrick’s Day is celebrated every 17th March to honor the patron saint of Ireland — St. Patrick, who is credited with bringing Christianity to Ireland and establishing many churches and monasteries in Ireland.
This is also an opportunity to celebrate Ireland’s rich cultural heritage and history. People wear green clothes featuring quotes of noteworthy personalities and enjoy tempting meals and beverages, such as green beer or Irish whiskey.
Famous sayings and quotes about Irish people, culture, and history ahead of the day will give you an insight into the people, culture, and history.
What is St. Patrick’s Day all about?
Saint Patrick is known for bringing Christianity to Ireland. Irish people celebrate this day to remember him for giving them faith. They celebrate by organizing public parades and festivals and wearing green attire.
Why is St. Patrick’s Day green?
Green is the color of St. Patrick’s Day, with people everywhere wearing green clothes and drinking green wine. It became the color of the festivities in the 18th century when the country adopted the plant shamrock as a national symbol. Shamrock is a common plant in Ireland.
Looking For A Custom T-Shirt?
It is very simple. Choose a t-shirt. Select color and size. Create your own design.
You can also hire a designer to get a design for your t-shirt.
Create Your Own DesignGet Your Custom T-Shirts
St. Patrick’s Day is associated with luck
According to popular belief, leprechauns hide a pot of gold, and mortals must find it at the end of a rainbow. Gold is universally linked with fortune and wealth. But besides that, the Irish associate gold with luck also because of its association with the rainbow in the mythical stories. Rainbows also are considered symbols and signs of prosperity and hope.
Here Are Some of Patrick’s Day Quotes That Represent The Vibe Behind The Celebration
01. “When anyone asks me about the Irish character, I say look at the trees. Maimed, stark and misshapen but ferociously tenacious.” — Edna O’Brien
02. “Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.” – William Butler Yeats
03. Ireland has always been the home of the dreamer, the poet and the storyteller. — Jordan Richard
04. “You’ve got to think lucky. If you fall into a mudhole, check your back pocket — you might have caught a fish.” — Darrell Royal
05. “The amount of good luck coming your way depends on your willingness to act.” — Barbara Sher
06. “I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.” — Thomas Jefferson
07. “There are good ships, and there are wood ships, the ships that sail the sea. But the best ships are friendships, and may they ever be.” — Irish Toast
08. “You can take a man of Ireland, but you can’t take out the Irishness of the man.” — Tyson Fury
09. “The best luck of all is the luck you make for yourself.” — Douglas MacArthur.
10. “St. Patrick’s Day is an enchanted time — a day to begin transforming winter’s dreams into summer’s magic.” — Adrienne Cook
11. “We may have bad weather in Ireland, but the sun shines in the hearts of the people, and that keeps us all warm.” — Marianne Williamson
12. “The heart of an Irishman is nothing but his imagination.” — George Bernard Shaw
13. “The list of Irish saints is past counting, but in it all, no other figure is so human, friendly, and lovable as St. Patrick.” — Stephen Gwynn
14. “A good friend is like a four-leaf clover, hard to find and lucky to have” — Irish Proverb
15. “May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light, may good luck pursue you each morning and night.” — Irish Blessing
16. “There is no language like the Irish for soothing and quieting.” — John Millington Synge
17. “They won’t break me because the desire for freedom, and the freedom of the Irish people, is in my heart.” — Bobby Sands
18. “Be still and know that I am. Be still and know. Be still. Be.” — St. Patrick
19. “You gotta try your luck at least once a day, because you could be going around lucky all day and not even know it.” — Jimmy Dean
20. “Making [St. Patrick’s Day] a great day for the Irish, but just an OK day if you’re looking for a quiet tavern to talk, read or have a white wine spritzer.” — Jon Stewart
21. “Every St. Patrick’s Day, every Irishman goes out to find another Irishman to make a speech to.” — Shane Leslie
22. “That’s what the holidays are for—for one person to tell the stories and another to dispute them. Isn’t that the Irish way?” — Lara Flynn Boyle
23. “They say there are only two kinds of people on St. Patrick’s Day: The Irish, and the people that drive them home.” — Conan O’Brien
24. “Being Irish is very much a part of who I am. I take it everywhere with me.” — Colin Farrell
25. “If you’re Irish, it doesn’t matter where you go—you’ll find family.” — Victoria Smurfit
26. “Love is never defeated, and I could add, the history of Ireland proves it.” — Pope John Paul II
27. “In Ireland, the inevitable never happens, and the unexpected constantly occurs.” — John Pentland Mahaffy
28. “That’s right, there’s free beer in Irish paradise. Everyone’s jealous.” — Kevin Hearne
29. “Ireland is where strange tales begin, and happy endings are possible.” — Charles Haughey
30. “An Irishman can be worried by the consciousness that there is nothing to worry about.” — Austin O’Malley
31. “God invented whiskey to keep the Irish from ruling the world.” — Ed McMahon
These quotes tell us about some characteristics of Irish people using St. Patric’s Day. When being part of the day’s celebrations, how about printing these quotes on your casualwear? That is how to show the world you are one with the day’s festivities.
How to get these quotes printed on your t-shirts?
Now you can order some t-shirts or other custom apparel with nicely printed quotes. You can then explore PrintShop by Designhill, a quality platform to search for trendy clothes and get your choice of quotes printed by the site. You can get printed dresses at the right prices in a few days.
St. Patrick’s Day is Ireland’s most significant festive occasion when fellow citizens thank the saint for bringing the faith of Christianity to the land. They celebrate by wearing green, drinking green wine, and being busy all day in festivities. There are quotes, blessings, and sayings by common people and celebrities of Ireland that tell us a lot about the tradition.