Ever thought of establishing your own creative business of selling prints and build a brand?
We hear you! Designhill presents an exclusive AMA(Ask Me Anything) session with Nasrin Jafri, a surface pattern designer with a wealth of experience across the design industry to start a business & build a brand.
More about Nasrin
Nasrin studied at New York University and is a founder at Mixed, which is a one-woman textile brand and design studio. She funded the company with her own money and run everything from pattern design, textile curation, product design, branding, sales and marketing. She created Mixed to give herself, and other women, the freedom to honor their mixedness and show it off too. To date, Mixed has had the honor of serving over hundreds of customers and earning nearly thousands in sales.
Business of Selling Your Prints
When launching a textile/print design business, the list of assumed “must-haves” and “must-knows” can be long and understandably overwhelming. Many artists assume that they must have number of patterns, awesome trend forecasts, superb Adobe skills, website, Instagram etc.
All of these skills, tools and achievements are important, and can help you bring in more clients, but you can also launch and grow your business in a more organic way, by starting small and slowly working your way up the design ladder. And,. to help you with all of it all you need to do is attend this AMA
Key Takeaways of the session:
- How to establish your pattern-making process from idea to product
- How to print & produce patterns on textiles
- Nasrin's personal pattern design + production process
- Recommended tools, resources, & suppliers needed in the production process
- How to build brand recognition with your patterns
- How to start a creative business (via Nasrin's experience running Mixed)
- How to build a brand through creative + copy
- How to balance the ops + creative sides of a business
- How to remain consistent & avoid burnout
Check out the full recording of the session below!