Last updated on January 21st, 2022
Earlier it used to be okay to use static photos and videos to promote your business and have a static website photo gallery or post your blogs to social channels. But things have changed dramatically over the years.
Now, due to ever-increasing use of smartphones and the dramatic drop in the attention span, users prefer to skim through visuals like videos, photos and infographics to gain information. They prefer content with visuals.
In fact, just one month after the introduction of Facebook time line, visual content saw a 65% increase in engagement. It’s no wonder why industry experts believe that visual content is extremely important to summon apt attention and interest of modern-day discerning users.
However, visual content marketing is easier said than done. It will work only when you launch it after a careful consideration of some fine points.
Also, it makes sense to ensure a professional site, creative social media page designs and amazing landing pages to ensure that your users stick to your site and remain engaged with your visual content for a longer time.
So, keep these rules in mind when creating your visual content for social channels or your website.
1. Time-Stamp Your Content – Let your users clearly know how old is the content. So, when you create a series of photos on your social media pages or your website, for instance, tell that the photo is one hour, one day or one month old and so on.
People will click on the content that is the most recent and fresh. They may even choose to explore other older visuals if interested.
2. Be an Authentic Source – People love to source something from an authoritative source as it fills them with confidence and gives them a sense of security. So, ensure that your visual content reflects your expertise or your brand’s authority or dominance in the market.
One of the ways to ensure authority of content is to invite your customers to share their photos, videos, and personal experiences. One good strategy is to allow people to post their visuals describing their experience.
3. Present Content in Context – While selling a product online, it should accompany relevant visuals at the right places.
So, if you sell clothes, place their photos on the web pages. You also need to post user-generated photos of the clothes so that other users can know how those clothes look in real life.
4. Write a Nice Caption – No visual content should be posted without a simple caption that aptly tells the story of the product. Such captions also help you convey your brand message interestingly and effectively. Captions also make your photos look interesting.
5. Show Your Credentials – Instead of posting photos and videos praising your company, let your customers do this job for you. When you praise yourself, people do not take it much seriously.
But when the admiration comes from your customers and they post videos and images of their experience with your company, it helps you win the faith of prospects.
Jefbullas.com rightly explains that if you’re looking for successful visual content marketing for your business, make sure that your consumers are linking back to you or tagging you in their social media updates.
6. Create Social Share Buttons – Create social share buttons on your website so that people can share your visual content with their friends and followers on social sites.
Also, if your customers have left a comment on your site, reply to it and if they have shared the content, thank them for their efforts.
7. Bring Brand to Life – This means that you should add a personality to your visuals like videos, photos, e-books, infographics, etc.
To do so easily, introduce your audience to the personalities behind the scenes of your brand. Post their pictures from office events and such activities. It’s a remarkable way to build awareness for your brand.
These useful tips will surely bring more people to your website when they are looking for great visual content.
Would you like to learn more about interactive content and how it can be leveraged to attract high-quality leads and convert them into customers?
Download a FREE copy of our latest White Paper – The Ultimate Guide to Interactive Content for Small Businesses.