Last updated on June 12th, 2020
Your business blog is where your target audience gets relevant information about your products, services and industry. However, it is vital to target highly searched keywords through your blogs. You must do well to target keywords that most people search on Google and other popular search engines. But finding such keywords remains a challenge for most small businesses and startups. If you too are faced with such issues, read between the lines to find out:
7 unique yet easy ways to find out the best keywords for your business blogs.
- Prepare a list of keywords that covers all topics related to your industry, products and services. HubSpot advises to include at least five categories that define the most important services or products you offer.
- To analyse relevant keywords for your website, just randomly type popular words or phrases that you think that your potential customers will mostly type on the search engines. Alternatively, type your common business keyword into Google and scroll down to the bottom of the search result page. You will find keywords where it says ‘’ search related to <your keyword>”. For example, if your run graphic design business and type logo design, you will find keywords like creative logo design, logo design inspiration, etc.
- Then, use Google Analytics tool to further analyse which of the keywords from your list are already ranking higher on Google.
- Select and use a good combination of regular keywords and long-tail keywords. Long-tail keywords are three to four words or a phrase used together as a keyword.
- Use keyword tools such as Google’s Keyword Planner and Keyword Planner to know which keywords have the potential to make your business blogs rank higher on Google and other search engines.
- Use Google Trends to understand which keywords are most popular in your industry. Settle for the keywords that have the potential to drive traffic but have little competition.
- Don’t forget to analyze what keywords your competitors are using. Do well to analyse which keyword is working for your competitors and which isn’t.
These easy-to-follow tips will go a long way in ensuring that you get and use right keywords to make your business blogs rank higher on SERPs. You can use also use these keywords to understand the type of content that your customers and prospects are looking for. But it’s not just important to look for popular keywords, it’s vital to make sure that you play by the rules. This means that you must do well to use relevant and trending keywords in your business blogs headings. In addition, you must not stuff keywords in your blogs and use the keywords as naturally as you can.
Looking for Customized, On time, Blog Designs? Launch a Blog Design Contest today. Choose from 100+ designs. Take your pick!
We offer a full 100% money back guarantee! Finally, a risk-free way of getting a customized design.
Like our blog? Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin.