Last updated on February 7th, 2019
Are you a wedding service business owner? Are you looking for creative promotion ideas that will bring you new leads? Then look no further.
Here Are 9 Promotion Ideas For A Wedding Service Business
1. Partner With Wedding Vendors & Agencies
Weddings are big affairs and need a lot of services for it to be a success. Even if you are a full-service wedding business, there will still be services or products that need to be outsourced. Make a list of services and products which your clients will require which you currently do not offer.
Make sure you approach all the vendors and agencies that provide these services. They will become your best promotional channel and give you great leads. You can do a reverse promotion for them as well. You can get them to showcase your wedding logos on their promotional material.
Businesses that you can approach for such promotion are florists, caterers, photographers, designers and entertainment providers. Depending on which services you offer the others are all allied services you can partner with!
2. Start A Wedding Blog
Brides-to-be invest a lot of their time in planning for their perfect wedding. A survey found that over 91% brides search online for inspiration for their wedding. This is why you should start a blog which is a go-to directory of all things wedding related.
The blog acts as your very own media channel, and you can put out all the information you want about your services. However, make sure that the content is relevant and not self-promotional all the time. Being in a business where look means the most, it’s important that your blog design is attractive and eye-catching.
Some ideas that you can cover on your wedding blog are –
• Photo stories of weddings your business has organized
• Articles from fashion, beauty and lifestyle experts
• Checklist for every stage of the wedding planning process
• Bridal Fashion & Makeup Tips
• Financial planning for the wedding and honeymoon
• Planning for the honeymoon
Include a clear call to action at the end of every blog post, urging the readers to use your services. Ensure each page has all your branding elements like your wedding logo design.
3. Create A Brand Identity
Brand identity essentially means how you want your customers to perceive your business. It is important that you create a brand identity for yourself as soon as you can. Experts at Designhill suggest that some of the important elements which contribute to an effective brand identity are –
• Brand Name – This will be the name of your business. Consider your target audience and decide on a name that will appeal to it.
• Logo – Wedding planner logos are an important part of their brand identity. This is because the wedding logos are going to be everywhere – on quotes, bill, stationery, and on all other media. Hire a good logo designer who understands your brand vision and what it stands for.
• Tagline – You can choose to have a tagline or not, but having one will clarify your brand position to the customer.
• Graphics & Color – The visual elements are important, and they sync together to create a brand. You can even crowdsource to get great designs
4. Get Published In Wedding Magazines & Publications
Women spend a lot in preparing for their wedding and depend on wedding publications for advice and inspiration. One of the major promotional channels is through publication in wedding magazines; this is bound to get you a lot of leads.
If you are unsure of how to get published, then hire a Public Relations consultant who can get your business some media coverage. However, if you do not have the budgets to hire a consultant, you can try some of these ways to get free media coverage –
Set up a creative challenge – asking for the public to be a part of it. For example, offer free services to lucky persons who want their dogs to get married! Such out of the boxing coverage will get local media attention.
Give back to charity and send out a press release about it. For instance, offer a wedding service for young veterans back from service
Such tactics will get you attention but make sure you leverage it properly.
5. Invest In SEO
Today almost all leads come through the online channel, so it only makes sense to spend effort and money in building your online presence. This is how you can make the best impact online –
• Revamp your website – Make a simple yet effective website. Website designers at Designhill vouch that a mobile optimized site brings in more results that a desktop only website. Have a great user experience and user interface so that your readers stay on it for long.
• Write good content – Focus on creating original content on your website and use keywords effectively.
• Create landing pages – Make sure you have enough landing pages for all your services. Get a call to action for each of the pages.
Apart from this, you can also spend on Google advertisements. An optimized site plus the right keyword advertising will get you the desired results.
6. Engage With Existing Clients For Referrals
While most businesses hope for repeat customers, for the benefit of your clients you hope they need your wedding services only once! Even so, your existing clients can be extremely helpful by providing you with leads and referrals.
Women often have close-knit communities, and they often trust the opinion of a friend or family member about services they require. Here is how you can develop your clients as a number one promotional channel –
• Wish them through personalized postcard with their photographs on wedding anniversaries
• Give them a personalized gift like a customized calendar or mug or even Couple of custom T-shirts with your wedding logos after the wedding
• Create a referral program with incentives or gift coupons
And most of all ensure you do a good job so that they naturally speak highly of you!
7. Participate In Wedding Fairs And Exhibitions
Wedding fairs and exhibitions can be a great promotional channel if you make the right use of it. Check on the kind of crowd that is attracted to the exhibitions before going ahead and investing in it.
Here is how you can make the best of the exhibition once you have booked your participation there –
• Bring branded collateral’s – Your stall will need banners, posters and other visual aids. Get them printed with your wedding logos
• Give away free branded merchandise – Promotional products like caps, badges or totes with your wedding planner logos are a great way for creating brand recall
• Give out business cards & brochures – Make sure that you take with yourself business cards and brochures as they contain all your information in case your leads want to call you
• Get contact details of leads – Ensure you get at least the email ids of all your leads and send them regular newsletters and offers
8. Be Present On Social Media
A lot of website traffic and leads are generated through Social Media. Today the entire wedding industry is being driven by social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook. You can run some of these ideas for engaging with your audience online –
• Create engaging content like listicles or fun videos about weddings
• Run contests or challenges like tagging your future husband/wife to win goodies
• Update your current wedding photographs with the permission of your clients
9. Invest In Customer Service
Emotions are high strung during weddings especially those of the bride! As wedding service providers, you are only too familiar with this. You can make sure that you offer the best customer service so that not just your clients but even their guests are wowed by it.
• Give attention to detail; it is where success lies
• Ensure you have backups for any emergency
• Connect with the bad reviewers and get their feedback
Once you invest your time and effort in giving great service, within no time, it will translate to new business!